I promised posts about my food life here in Korea. Many ingredients don't exists or cost a mouth-dropping amount of money ($5 a can for tomato paste? YOUR'RE NUTS!)
In Korea and stumped on what to cook? Here are some ideas!
(Unfortunately, a lot of the easy things to make are not the healthiest...)
- Meat, potatoes, and gravy- chicken fried steak, fried chicken, etc.
- Onion Soup
- Potato Soup
- Chicken & Noodles, thick, served with mashed potatoes and gravy just like grandma's
- Pastas- spaghetti, olive oil based, angel hair (with the cheap noodles)
- Zucchini casserole (zucchini, onion, canned tomatoes, with cheese on top! mmmm)
- Mushroom soup
- Chicken and Rice (The thick kind of mushroom soup)
- Enchiladas (creamy and tomato based, using canned tomatoes)
- Burritos, breakfast burritos
- Bagel sandwiches
- Biscuits and gravy (using a simple drop biscuit recipe, subsitute oil for shortening)
- Chicken pot pie (same drop biscuits)
- Breakfast casserole
- Grilled cheese
- French toast
- Giant sandwiches full of veggies
- And TONS of stir-frys!
I also have been trying my hand at more complicated things, like making yogurt and "bread in 5 minutes a day." I will have to add that later!